• I'll respond by asking you five questions so I can satisfy my curiosity.
• Update your journal with the answers to the questions.
• Include this explanation in the post and offer to ask other people questions.
These are from superfoo
1. Traveling is one of your big passions - is there any place you would not want to travel to (aside from dangerous war-torn places)? Where & why? Or, is there a place you have been which you would never want to visit again? Where & why?
I have absolutely no desire to go to Las Vegas or Reno, which I think would be my idea of Hell (though I've heard that the surrounding countryside near Vegas is absolutely beautiful). I don't have much desire to return to Los Angeles. I really have very little interest in Mexico, because I don't like the food and am a little nervous about the conditions for travelling, apart from in resorts.
2. If you became an actor, which film or theater production would you most like to be in? Who would you play and why? (You can make up a fictional movie or choose a book to be adapted into a movie or re-make anything ever).
I think I may have answered something like this once before (maybe to ms lido). I'd love to be in a Shakespeare company and just play lots of different things. Though I'd love to play Rosalind (if I were not much too old now). I would have loved to be in the RSC production of Nicholas Nickleby, the one that was 9 hours long and in which everyone played different roles. I like the idea of being part of some large rambling ensemble.
3. If you could create a montage of memories you have had to be played at your funeral/memorial/celebration of "transition," (if that is too morbid then maybe at a giant celebration in your honour while you are still alive) name a few moments you would like to include.
Sunrise over the Himalayas outside Dali. Swimming at night one summer on Hornby Island, with swirling phosphorescence. Seeing the Northern Lights at Cape Scott. Skating outside Hart House at U of T. The lights of Hong Kong strung out beneath the plane as I flew in at night. Looking up into a lover's face before being kissed under the stars. Falling about laughing with the film club ;-) One really great classroom discussion. All my beloved dogs running towards me. Sunset over Hainan Dao. Being rowed through the canals by night in Venice. One perfect day in Paris.
4. If you were doomed to be trapped eternally in the story line of any work of fiction (film, book or otherwise), which would you choose & why? (You could either be thrust into an established character's role or be a completely new addition to the world.)
I think I would be someone in The Lord of the Rings. The world is so vast and fully realized and amazing. I wouldn't mind being Eowyn, because I rather fancied Faramir myself (the one in the book, not the movie), and she got to ride horses and kill the Wraith King.
5. If you were a character in the Battlestar Galactica world, would you be a human or a cylon? If you were a pilot, what would your call sign be? Elaborate on the fictional position you would like to occupy in this realm. Also: romantic relationships with existing characters is allowed ;) (Alternately: if you were a character in the Buffyverse what/who would you be?)
You know what? I don't think I'd really like to live on the BSG world, although I wouldn't mind being a 6 (except for screwing Gaius Baltar, but I'd like her cool sexual power) :-) Their life is pretty tough - lots of camaraderie through adversity, but not much fun. I'd far rather be a member of the Firefly crew, especially if I got to shag either Mal or Anara ;-) I wouldn't mind being a Potential Slayer, especially if I got to find out what happens in Season 8+.