Leave me a comment saying "Resistance is Futile."
• I'll respond by asking you five questions so I can satisfy my curiosity.
• Update your journal with the answers to the questions.
• Include this explanation in the post and offer to ask other people questions.
These are from lidocafe
1. What musical pick/fave do you rarely, if ever,admit to anyone?
I have a soft spot for musical theatre, and have been known to appreciate Andrew Lloyd Weber (shock! horror!) "memories... all alone in the moonlight..."
2. What sorts of things do you lie about?
Mostly pretty insignificant little things, like, oh, I'm not feeling well, when really I'm just feeling slothful. Sometimes I lie to protect my privacy - mostly lies of omission rather than outright falsehood.
3. You're giving a dinner party and inviting seven guests. You can have anyone you want, as long as each is real and still living. Who's coming to dinner?
Oh my. That's so hard, because people that I would be interested in meeting individually might be absolutely awful together. Or there might be awkward silences. Or they might all hate me... Tom Stoppard, Ursula Le Guin, Joss Whedon, Ian McKellan, Helen Mirren, Richard Gere, you (will you come?). hahahaha.
4. If you had a chance to make a speech to be televised internationally, in what topic would you hold forth?
Good grief. I think a gentle plea for tolerance.
5. What is your oldest friendship and why do you think it's lasted this long?
If I think about _real_ friendship, and not just exchanging Christmas cards, then my friends kp and mkb and me, who have been friends for more than thirty years. And I've known kp even longer, but we weren't really "friends" then, only classmates. The three of us have been through so much together - illness, deaths, abusive relationships, love affairs, heartbreak, disappointments, being really pissed off with one another, really bad Chinese food, travelling, hiking through mud, crazy drinking, road trips. And we're still there. I can't imagine life without either of them.