1. Elaborate on your default icon
It's a computer scribble I did in "Paint," meant to be a bearded collie. It turned out looking kind of rakish and cheerful and rather like how I like to think of myself.
2. What's your current relationship status?
Rakish and cheerful and single.
3. Ever have a near-death experience?
4. Name an obvious quality you have.
Hmmm. Beyond being obviously not 20 years old. I have crooked front teeth because my parents didn't believe in (and probably couldn't afford, to be honest) braces.
5. What's the name of the song that's stuck in your head right now?
Chris de Burgh's "Don't Pay the Ferryman"; I listened to it again for the first time a few days ago and it's kind of stuck.
6. Name a celebrity you would marry
7. Who will cut and paste this first?
Not sure - gillo might if she's back from France. Or oursin?
8. Has anyone ever said you look like a celebrity?
Believe it or not, yes!! A student of mine from Japan, bless her heart, told me that she thought I looked like Tilda Swinton (this was fairly soon after Orlando, before she was as well known as she is now). I don't, but I was very chuffed.
9. Do you wear a watch? What kind?
Yes, and I have a stainless steel ESQ watch.
10. Do you have anything pierced?
Yes, one hole in each of two ears and two in one.
11. Do you have any tattoos?
12. Do you like pain?
No! What a silly question.
13. Do you like to shop?
Yes, I confess I do. Even food shopping.
14. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
15. What was the last thing you paid for with your credit card?
A book order from the Folio Society.
16. Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone?
A wrong number.
17. What is on your desktop background?
A misty mountain (not THE misty mountain, though)
18. What is the background on your cell phone?
a dial tone......
19. Do you like redheads?
um... does it make a difference?
20. Do you know any twins?
My dad was a twin, so yes. And there were twins at my elementary school.
21. Do you have any weird relatives?
22. What was the last movie you watched?
Woody Allen's "Match Point" - it was quite good. Surprisingly moralistic but ultimately rather empty.
23. What was the last book you read?
The last book I finished was Mercedes Lackey's "The Wizard of London"; I'm currently reading Naomi Novak's "Black Powder War" - It's summertime!!