Each player of this game starts off with 10 weird things/habits/little known facts about yourself. People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 10 weird habits/things/little known facts as well as state this rule clearly. At the end you need to choose 10 people to be tagged and list their names. No tagbacks.
1. My mother's maiden name is the same as my father's name because my parents were first cousins. Before all my North American readers go "eeew," remember that I'm British, and that this was a) perfectly legal and b) far more common at the time than it is now.
2. I trump gillo in the vast number of schools department, having gone to 13 different schools before I matriculated, plus two universities. Four of those were in one year.
3. Although I actually attended school for longer than most people, I was a year younger than everyone in my graduating class. I achieved this feat by having started school in England at the age of four.
4. I don't now, but I used to play the recorder well enough to perform in public in consorts (and at concerts). I once played at a friend's wedding.
5. Although I eat both chocolate and ice-cream, I don't really like either of them very much. Chocolate gives me migraines, and ice-cream... well, for some reason, I just don't like it much.
6. My uncle (on my father's side) is quite a well-known poet. ladyofastalot may know of him or his wife because he lived on the Isle of Wight until his death a few years ago and his wife still does. He and Swinburne are the only poets I know of off hand (and Tennyson?) with IOW associations.
7. When I was living in China, I appeared (actually almost starred!)in a television show promoting the reopening of an old part of Tianjin that had been allowed to get run down. I was filmed riding through the streets on my bicycle rather like Michael Palin in that Monty Python sketch about the cycling tour.
8. Oh, yes, I spent two years living in Tianjin.
9. I have a little hole in my right ear that isn't a piercing. It's a kind of birthmark thingy. I used to think that if I was ever lost or kidnapped my mother would be able to recognize me because of it.
10. I have an enormous collection of bookmarks.
Consider yourself tagged if you wish to be.